International Syalons (Newcastle) Limited are the UK's leading manufacturer of advanced nitride ceramics. We are a small but fast–growing, well–established manufacturing company supplying advanced ceramics to industries such as oil and gas, automotive and molten metal handling.
To help us keep our leading position in materials manufacturing, we now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self–motivated science graduate to strengthen our research and development team, to help us develop new materials, applications and processes.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this will initially be a hand's on roll to include the following responsibilities:
- Materials development including nitrides, oxides and ceramic composites.
- Process development to improve our manufacturing techniques.
- Evaluating new raw materials.
- Involvement in EC funded R & D projects.
- Materials testing.
- Liaison with customers.
The successful candidate will probably have recently graduated in a relevant science or engineering subject and ideally possess some of the following skills:
- Have an interest in materials science.
- Be willing to do hands on practical work (essential).
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent written and spoken English (essential).
- Have an understanding of the requirements of advanced ceramics in industry.
- Have a knowledge of materials testing and analysis techniques, such as XRD.
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary and offers the opportunity to work for a rapidly growing, ambitious company with a challenging but attractive career path.
Should this opportunity interest you, please send an up to date CV to Eleanor McLelanWorkeleanor[dot]mclellan[at]syalons[dot]com or for more information on the position contact our Technical Manager, Nick FecittWork (nick[dot]fecitt[at]syalons[dot]com).
Update, 31st March, 2008
This position has now been filled.