International Syalons (Newcastle) Limited is the UK's leading manufacturer of advanced nitride ceramics. We are a fast–growing, long–established manufacturing company supplying advanced ceramics to industries such as oil and gas, automotive and molten metal handling.
To help us keep our leading position in materials manufacturing, we are continuously seeking enthusiastic, self–motivated Scientists and Engineers to strengthen our research and development team, to help us develop new materials, applications and processes.
We welcome unsolicited applications and would be interested to hear from anyone who can demonstrate some of the following skills:
- Experience and knowledge of ceramics, especially non-oxide ceramics.
- Experience and knowledge of advanced manufacturing techniques.
- Be willing to do hands on practical work (essential).
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent written and spoken English (essential).
- Have an understanding of the requirements of advanced ceramics in industry.
- Have a knowledge of materials testing and analysis techniques, such as XRD, mechanical testing etc.
- Project management experience.
At ISN we promote personal initiative and value people who can work independently. For the right candidate we can offer a position with some of the following responsibilities:
- Materials development including nitrides, oxides and ceramic composites.
- Process development including advanced casting, pressing and moulding techniques.
- Developing advanced nitride powders.
- Materials testing and analysis.
- Liaison with customers.
We offer permanent positions with a competitive salary and the opportunity to work for a rapidly growing, ambitious company with a challenging but attractive career path.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you or for more information please contact our Technical Director, Nick Fecitt (firstname.lastname@example.org).